- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 pound pork
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- salt and black pepper
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Adjust oven rack to lower middle position and preheat oven to 225°F.
- Heat oil and garlic in a Dutch oven on high heat until shimmering. Add and sear pork.
- Add tomatoes, bay leaf, cilantro, oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Stir well. Bring to a boil, add the cornstarch and cold water mix, stir again.
- Cover, and transfer to the oven. Cook until pork is completely tender, about 40 min to 1 hour. Alternatively, transfer mixture to a slow cooker and cook on low heat for 1 to 2 hours.
Image from: http://3.bp.blogspot.com