- 1/4 lb ground pork
- garlic salt and pepper
- 4 gluten-free corn tortillas
For enchilada source:
- 1 Tablespoon (neutral tasting) oil
- 1/2 tablespoon wheat flour or any other gluten-free alternative
- 1 Tablespoon mild chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/16 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup tomato paste/diced tomato
- 1/2 cup water (or any kind of broth if you have some)
- 2 oz shredded Mexican cheese blend
Preheat oven to 350 degrees then spray a casserole dish with nonstick spray and set aside. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat then add flour and whisk constantly for 2 minutes. Add seasonings, chili powder through cumin, then whisk for another 30 seconds.
Add tomato paste then whisk until combined, and then slowly stream in chicken broth while whisking to create a smooth sauce. Cook for 1-2 more minutes or until sauce has thickened and then remove pan from heat and cool slightly (can be done ahead of time.)
Place tortillas on a clean dry surface then spread 2 tablespoons pork across the center. Spoon approximately 1 tablespoon enchilada sauce over the top followed by 1 tablespoon shredded cheese. Roll then place seam side down in the prepared baking dish then repeat with remaining ingredients.
Pour remaining enchilada sauce on top (might not need it all,) then top with remaining cheese and cover tightly with a nonstick sprayed piece of foil.
Bake for 20 minutes then uncover and continue baking for 3-4 more minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
Image and Recipe adapted from: iowagirleats.com