- 1/2 canschickpeas , rinsed, drained and dried with paper towels
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 cup whole blanched almonds
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- some lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- Spread the chickpeas out on a baking sheet and transfer them to the oven to dry out. After 10 minutes, pull the chickpeas from the oven and set aside.
- Fill a Dutch oven with 1/2 inch of vegetable oil and heat to 375 degrees F.
- Combine (the Parmesan), paprika and lemon zest in a large bowl.
- Using a spider, lower the chickpeas into the oil and fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Then add the almonds, parsley and garlic to the fryer. Fry it all for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Be careful, the parsley will spatter a bit when it hits the oil.
- With your spider, pull everything out of the oil and immediately toss in the bowl with the paprika mixture. Season with salt and serve.
Recipe and Image from: Food Network