- 1/4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ medium cabbage, cored and sliced into ¼-inch ribbons
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken breast, cut into cubes
- ½ loaf of a baguette if you want some
- butter if you want some
- parmesan cheese if you want some
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over a medium heat. Add the salt.
- Stir in the onions and garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the diced tomatoes and stir in the chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Allow the stew to simmer 3 minutes.
- Stir in the cabbage and cook covered for about 5 minutes or until the cabbage softens up a bit.
- Add a little salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the chili powder and stir.
- Add the cubed chicken pieces and simmer another 5 minutes.
- Check the taste again and add more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Slice the baguette into ¼ inch slices, spread butter over one side and place a slice of fresh parmesan cheese over the top. Broil in the oven for a few seconds until the bread is slightly browned and the cheese is melted.
- Pour the stew into a bowl, place the slice of baguette in the center and top with additional grated parmesan cheese.
Recipe adapted from: ZagLeft