- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 scallion, finely chopped (reserve some chopped greens for garnish)
- 2 medium tomatoes (about 1 pound), each cut into 6 wedges
- half teaspoon sugar
- Accompaniment: white rice
- Beat eggs with 1/2 teaspoon salt until smooth but not frothy.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add eggs and cook, undisturbed, just until a thin film of cooked egg forms on bottom of skillet but most of eggs are still runny, 5 to 10 seconds.
- Immediately scrape eggs into a bowl. Wipe out skillet.
- Heat remaining tablespoon oil in skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add scallions and stir-fry until just softened, about 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes and cook, stirring and turning occasionally, until juices are released and tomatoes are slightly wilted but still intact, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt over tomatoes and stir to combine.
- Return eggs to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until eggs are just cooked through.
- Serve sprinkled with reserved scallion greens.
Recipe adapted from: epicurious